Nebula Data Intel, LLC., powered, in part by, the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF), is a new, data collection program that collects outpatient surgery facilities’ clinical and operational data to deliver value and key insights like never before. NDI will provide meaningful insights to patient safety, benchmarking data, medical outcomes, product usage, and patient satisfaction in aggregate and by specialty.
The data is collected from participating outpatient surgery facilities during outpatient surgical procedures. Data is obtained for multiple specialties. All data is de-identified and HIPAA compliant.
We have partnered with Harvard statisticians to maximize the data value and to ensure that the data is statistically relevant.
The data will provide insight on usage and consumption; outcomes; operating costs, benchmarking including cases, procedures, complication rates and customer satisfaction insights for your specialty. This data, in aggregation, will help drive informed decisions and new efficiencies.
COMPLIANCE & QUALITY CONTROL
Yes. All data is de-identified and HIPAA compliant.
To ensure the data is relevant and statistically significant, it will be internally monitored for quality control and random samples will be audited for QA.
No. Participation is 100 percent voluntary. It is not required that you are AAAASF-accredited to participate.
Yes, facilities will be compensated based on the frequency and amount of data provided (once Nebula Data Intel begins to generate revenue).
- The data collected, aggregated, and provided back to the facilities via a dashboard. Insights can help drive patient safety improvements.
- The facility will gain increased operating efficiencies from automation and process improvement (ability to identify product usage).
- Competitive advantages driven by peer innovations and outcomes (benchmarking technology).
- Facilities and physicians will be able to spot and react to practice trends early by reviewing the data provided.
- Purchasing Leverage. We are exploring a group purchasing option so facilities can price compare.
There are inventory management improvement opportunities and increased buying power via a future group purchasing option.
Patient safety is our number one mission and to continue the legacy of AAAASF we created NDI as a separate for profit company so that we can continue to drive that mission at an even higher level.
NDI profits, as a company, by packaging and selling the data it collects. This data will be sold to companies to provide insights into medicine that are unavailable today. The unique combination of the multiple data sets allow analysis that will be used to improve patient safety and elevate medicine. Sales of the data will provide the revenue needed to be able to develop the technology and provide the facilities the needed equipment and benchmarking at no charge.
We recognize that collection of the data must be seamless and non-disruptive for ease of use by facility staff and does not disrupt workflow.
We have designed a simple collection process involving a scanner and preference card. A scan is taken of the core supply template and specialty items are tallied at end of the day. We provide a scanner and preference cards as well as training and support to the facilities — free of charge.
Data collection is easily collected by scanning a barcode or clicking one button. Full data requirements are still being evaluated; however, the information collected will be transformed into unique preference cards for your facility and procedures.
- Demographics information:
- Specialty type
- Facility size
- Case type/CPT code
- Length of case: Open surgical long, open surgical short, or procedural
- Usage data:
- Products, equipment
- Sales data
- Real-time pricing
- Performance data
- Surgical efficiency
- Sample preference cards
- Invoices for supplies
- Working contact person or persons
- Bar-coded preference cards specific to their practice
- Training & ongoing support
- Dedicated specialist for outstanding customer service
- Facilities’ benchmarking data including cases, procedures, complications rates, by specialty.
- Benchmarking of patient satisfaction outcomes.
- Opportunities for increased operating efficiencies from automation and process improvement.
- The data will also allow medical staff to spot and react to practice trends early.
Participation is voluntary. Please see your NDI Data Sharing Agreement for information on Terms and Termination.
- No, the equipment necessary to participate in the program, along with the education and support, will be provided free of charge.
- The scanner and preference cards will be provided at the time the program is ready to go live.
- Minimal time commitment to the facility (it’s as easy as scanning a bar code off of a preference card which only takes a few seconds).
Data will be electronically submitted via the cloud. The goal is for little to no disruption to your facility.
We will work with you to provide customized preference cards for your facility. NDI only needs your current preference cards and supply invoices.
This is separate from accreditation, does not affect the accreditation with AAAASF, and is entirely voluntary.